- 1 Havant Polyamorous Relationship Counselling.
- 1.1 About Polyamorous Relationship Counselling.
- 1.2 A Therapy Service for Polyamorous Couples.
- 1.3 A Non-Normative Approach to Polyamorous Couple Counselling.
- 1.4 My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
- 1.5 About Havant Counsellor.
- 1.6 Group Counselling Fees.
- 1.7 Group Counselling
- 1.8 Counselling Appointments.
- 1.9 Planned Breaks.
- 1.10 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Havant Polyamorous Relationship Counselling.
Private Counsellor for Polyamorous Relationships ~ couples or groups. When a poly group needs Ally Support.
About Polyamorous Relationship Counselling.
For when couples in a Polyamorous Arrangement need Counselling Support too.
The type of polyamorous relationship doesn’t matter, except that we’re talking about difficulties between you and one of your partners; difficulties that may benefit from some professional intervention.
It doesn’t matter if this is your primary couple relationship, secondary, or another form of couple relationship. When you’ve searched for ally counsellors who support polyamory you have have looked at the counsellor’s website and through “Erm – does she or not?!”
Polyamorous Relationship Couple Counselling from Dean Richardson MNCS(Accredited Registrant) would be the service you’d consider when you and one of your partners need to work through conflicts.
A Therapy Service for Polyamorous Couples.
No need to wait for months. Dean is often able arrange to meet a poly couple within a week (sometimes two) of making first contact. As a private counsellor he often has sessions available to choose from right away.
With non-traditional relationships, there can be a concern of experiencing judgement. Not only is Dean a poly ally, he has worked with couples in polyamorous relationships before. Dean’s approach works with a majority of adult couple relationships.
Open ended work
It’s unlikely that your relationship is limited by time. Neither is polyamorous couple counselling. We’ll work to deliver just enough sessions for your relationship to make Dean, the counsellor, redundant. Then you work on remaining (and future) difficulties… together.
Any adult couple that is in any form of polyamorous relationship (whether this couple considers itself to be a primary, secondary, or other couple). You may be straight, gay, lesbian, MOM, married, intimate or platonic.
Private counselling services serving Central Havant, Petersfield to Waterlooville, Cosham to Portsmouth & Southsea, Southampton to Chichester, Fareham to Gosport, Hayling Island, Emsworth, Westbourne, Rowland's Castle, local residents anywhere in between and regularly further afield!
Click for location details…
A Non-Normative Approach to Polyamorous Couple Counselling.
Dean Richardson is a fully qualified and experienced couple counsellor.
He works as a therapist for non-traditional couple relationships.
Dean does this by choosing to employ therapeutic approaches that do not make judgements about how the couple’s relationship is supposed to be (like, say, a religious form of counsellor can assume and prescribe).
- Dean does not prescribe what the normal couple should be doing to resolve a difficulty.
- Dean does not refer to “what other couples like you would do is…”
In this way, polyamorous relationship counselling focuses on the couple’s own relationship (not someone else’s belief about how a successful relationship ought to be).
Dean primarily employs two effective therapeutic approaches:-
- Systemic (Family/Milan Associates) – an approach that sees a couple relationship as a system (think: washing machine program). A system has processes (behaviours that make us love our partner), and triggers (things that kick off an argument). By discovering what kind of systems this couple relationship employes (intended, or accidental) the couple and Dean learn knowledge about the relationship. Knowledge brings about opportunities for change.
- Psychodynamic – an approach that recognises unconscious processes. Such processes may be related to past experiences (eg early childhood experienced being replayed in the couple), poor parental relationships, and other experiences looking for resolution. By working together the couple and Dean can discover how to resolve the conflicts and… finally… put them to rest.
These two extraordinarily powerful approaches do not require the couple to be in any form of traditional relationship, at all!
My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
I’ve included much more detail about my distinct and effective approach to couple counselling on my main couple counselling page. It’s worth a read if you’re interested in what couple work we could be doing together
About Havant Counsellor.
You could choose any counsellor in and around Havant .
Yet, when you think that this may be the most personal, private and vulnerable you're going to be with a professional, you'd choose:
- someone you can trust,
- someone who demonstrated highly competent skills and ethics,
- who spoke plain English (not lots of psychobable),
- who's as happy to swear as much as you do,
- who makes you an equal part of the therapeutic partnership (e.g. doesn't just sit in silence, saying "Hmm" for 50 minutes)…
A simply private choice, really.
Group Counselling Fees.
Group CounsellingCounselling for a Group's Needs
- Suitable for individuals
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for groups
- Payable weekly
- Available in Havant
- Available online video
- 50 minute session
- 90 minute session
How Counselling Fees Work.
Unlike NHS services (where you have already paid through NI taxation), private counselling will cost you some money.
Group Counselling sessions are weekly, and last for a standard 90 minutes. Sessions are once a week (except for holidays). The fee shown is per individual group member / per weekly session (whether attended or missed). Groups are a minimum of 4 members and a maximum of 8 members.
Where groups are created of members known to each other (such as a polyamorous group) sessions will continue until the group decides the work is done. Other groups will agree their own method of closure.
Fees are payable on the day of our session.
You may pay your counselling fees online (e.g. by a bank transfer, credit/debit card payment or PayPal) or pay in person (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit/debit card).
Restricted Income: If I have spaces available, a lower fee is negotiable should your income make private counselling a struggle to afford. This is not charity (you still must contribute a fee) and it will involve discussing your income and expenditure with the aim to discover a rate that you can afford responsibly. I do not always have any lower-fee spaces available, so please ask when you first get in contact.
|Couples & Individuals (Havant, Hampshire)|
|Monday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss)|
|Tuesday Appointments:||Not available|
|Friday Appointments:||Not available|
|Groups (Waterlooville, Hampshire)|
Click to go to WaterloovilleCounselling.co.uk…
|Tuesday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss)|
|Couples & Individuals (Havant, Hampshire)|
|Mon:||Waiting List (contact me)|
|Wed:||1pm or 3pm|
|Thu:||6pm or 7pm|
|Groups (Waterlooville, Hampshire)|
|Tue:||Waiting List (contact me)|
Counselling sessions are (at a minimum) weekly and on the same day and time each week.
Optionally, you may wish to come more than once a week and you can even come for longer than 50 minutes (by prior arrangement).
Our counselling work together continues for as long (or as brief) as we both think it's helpful… and then we'll look at ending.
Fees are due on the day of the session (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit & debit cards).
Ending counselling: rather than one day saying "I'm ending counselling today" it is helpful to bring up the idea of ending counselling first. Sometimes the need to end may be a mask for something else (avoiding difficult feelings, can't say something, acting out loss etc) and it can be helpful to distinguish, together, what ending may mean in our work. We'll talk about endings with some thought and some planning.
The following table lists the dates of my planned breaks this year (i.e. when I am not available).
- Monday 27th May 2019.
- Wednesday 12th June 2019 to Friday 14th June 2019 (3 days).
- Monday 15th July 2019 to Sunday 4th August 2019 (21 days).
- Monday 26th August 2019.
- Monday 16th September 2019 to Sunday 22nd September 2019 (7 days).
- Monday 28th October 2019 to Sunday 3rd November 2019 (7 days).
- Monday 16th December 2019 to Thursday 2nd January 2020 (18 days).
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Got a question about Dean Richardson's counselling services in Havant (Hampshire)? Want to make contact, maybe asking about a first appointment? Send Dean a message any time…