- 1 Havant Open Relationship Counselling.
- 1.1 About Open Relationship Couple Counselling.
- 1.2 Therapy for Open Relationships.
- 1.3 A Non-Normative Approach to Open Relationship Counselling.
- 1.4 Distinct Approach for Couples.
- 1.5 About Dean @ Havant Counselling.
- 1.6 Couple Counselling Fees.
- 1.7 Couple Counselling
- 1.8 Appointments for Counselling.
- 1.9 Free Appointment Notifications!
- 1.10 Planned Breaks.
- 1.11 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Havant Open Relationship Counselling.
Private Open Relationship Counselling - when adults in intimate relationships are experiencing difficulties through expanding their relationship with others.
STOP-PRESS: counselling continues to be available via reliable & confidential Skype / Zoom Video ~ ideal for self-isolation & shielding. Click here for details…
About Open Relationship Couple Counselling.
For when couples in Open Arrangements need Counselling Support.
When looking at the counsellor’s website, you may have been left wondering: “well… do they?! 🤔”
Open Relationship Couple Counselling from Counsellor Dean Richardson MNCS(Accredited Registrant) would be the service you’d consider when your open relationship is in difficulties.
An effective therapeutic service, for two adults, that invites a couple-in-open-relationship-conflict to develop their own, unique, insightful approach to resolving relationship problems…
…with the added bonus of needing no further counselling sessions once they’re done!
Dean RIchardson is the counsellor who offers open relationship counselling to couples who are struggling to maintain (or develop) their own boundaries within their relationship when others are invited through an open agreement.
Therapy for Open Relationships.
Private counselling near me serving locations in and around central Havant, Petersfield to Waterlooville, Cosham to Portsmouth & Southsea, Southampton to Chichester, Fareham to Gosport, Hayling Island, Emsworth, Westbourne, Rowland's Castle, local residents anywhere in between and regularly further afield!
A Non-Normative Approach to Open Relationship Counselling.
Dean Richardson MNCS(Accredited Registrant) is a fully qualified and experienced couple relationship counsellor.
He employs effective couple-therapy theoretical frameworks that have been around and developed since the 1970s.
Such an integrated approach works for non-traditional couple relationships (such as open relationships) because:
(a) the approach doesn’t attempt to prescribe what the couple should be doing and
(b) the approach doesn’t refer to “What a normal couple in this situation would do is…”
In this way, open relationship counselling focuses on the couple’s own relationship (not someone else’s belief about how a successful relationship ought to be).
Dean’s approach to open relationship couple counselling employes two main therapeutic approaches:-
- Systemic (Family/Milan Associates) – an approach that sees relationships as a system (think: computer, or washing machine). A system has processes (behaviours that make us love our partner), and triggers (things that kick off an argument). By discovering what a marital system the couple has (unknowingly) created together, the couple and Dean can begin making changes that affect and improve the whole marriage,
- Psychodynamic – an approach that recognises unconscious processes. Such processes might be past experiences being replayed in the marriage (eg early childhood abuse), or poor parental relationships. Transference is a phenomenon where we respond to a person as if they were someone from our past. This can leave the other person confused and not understanding what role he/she has found themselves in. Whilst these experiences can introduce poor experiences into the marriage, by working together the couple and Dean can discover how to resolve the conflicts and… finally… put them to rest.
These two extraordinarily powerful approaches require no traditional form of couple relationship at all!
Distinct Approach for Couples.
As a couple in an open relationship, you may be interested in more information about my distinct therapeutic approach.
I’ve included more details to couple counselling on my main Counselling for Couples page.
It’s worth a read if you’re interested in what couple work we could be doing together
About Dean @ Havant Counselling.
You could choose any counsellor in and around Havant, 'natch!
Yet, when you think that this may be the most personal, private and vulnerable you're going to be with someone professional, you'd probably choose:
- someone you can grow to trust,
- someone who demonstrates highly competent skills, ethics and sensitivity.
- someone who speaks plain English (rather than psychobabble),
- someone who's as happy to use base/swearing language as much (or as little) as you do,
- someone who considers himself a frank, no bullshit counsellor, particularly you when you're in need of an authentic response (rather than an "hmm"),
- someone who would become an equal part of your therapeutic partnership (e.g. doesn't just sit mostly in silence for 50 minutes).
Dean Richardson MNCS(Accred / Reg) - a simply private choice.
Couple Counselling Fees.
Couple CounsellingCounselling for an Adult Relationship
- Suitable for individuals
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for groups
- Payable weekly
- Available in Havant
- Available Skype/Zoom video
- 50 minute session
- 90 minute session (£130.00)
How Counselling Fees Work.
Unlike NHS services (where you have already paid through NI taxation), private counselling will cost you some money.
Couple Counselling sessions are weekly, and last for a standard 50 minutes (with the option to book 90 minute sessions if you both prefer). Although sessions are once a week (except for holidays), you may also attend more than once a week if all three of us think that this would be helpful.
Our sessions will continue one or more of us thinks that we've done enough; then we'll have a conversation about bringing our counselling work to a close.
Fees are payable on the day of our session.
You may pay your counselling fees online (e.g. by a bank transfer, credit/debit card payment or PayPal) or pay in person (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit/debit card).
Restricted Income: If I have spaces available, a lower fee is negotiable should your income make private counselling a struggle to afford. This is not charity (you still must contribute a fee) and it will involve discussing your income and expenditure with the aim to discover a rate that you can afford responsibly. I do not always have any lower-fee spaces available, so please ask when you first get in contact.
Appointments for Counselling.
Skype / Zoom Video Counselling- April 2021: My contribution to us managing our national emergency was to offer my 13 years experience of Zoom/Skype Remote Counselling, suspending 'face-to-face' sessions, and increasing my available hours. As we move out of Lockdown I'll continue to offer nationally-available video services to help us transition back (Video/Webcam Counselling Details).
My Skype/Video appointments are Mondays & Thursdays (~noon to 9pm) and Wednesdays (~noon to 4pm). Having agreed on a weekly session day/time this stays with us until we have completed our work (or there’s a need to change).
Decide on your preferred Weekly Day & Time.
Refer to the table (below) when you make Contact with Dean. It shows the weekly appointments that are currently available.
Weekly session lengths are 50 minutes (by default) but can also be of up to 90 minutes when you prefer.
|Couple & Individual Video Counselling (Zoom,Skype…)|
|Monday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss)|
|Tuesday Appointments:||Not available|
|Wednesday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss)|
|Friday Appointments:||Not available|
|Weekend Appointments:||Not available|
|Couple & Individual Video Counselling (Zoom,Skype…)|
|Mon:||Waiting List (contact me)|
|Wed:||Waiting List (contact me)|
|Book your preferred appointment(s) by completing my Contact me for Counselling form…|
|||Is your preferred appointment not available? Register now for free notifications…|
|Times shown in red are regularly the first to be booked.|
Counselling sessions are (at a minimum) weekly, last for up to 50 minutes, and on the same day/time each week.
There are options for you to meet with your counsellor more than once a week.
There are also options for you to choose up to 90 minute sessions too.
(Shift-workers: my regular weekly approach & limited hours may not be able to accommodate your shift pattern very well).
Fees are due before or on the day of the session (payable online via banking app transfer, credit/debit card or PayPal, in person using cash, card or cheque [made out to Dean Richardson]).
Ending counselling: Our time together continues for as long (or as brief) as we both think it's being helpful… and when one of us thinks "maybe that's enough" we can begin to look at bringing our work to a close (it can be helpful to bring up the idea of ending counselling to talk it through, just in case our work has brought up something difficult like avoiding difficult feelings, can't say something, acting out etc). Then we'll plan how we'd like to say "goodbye".
The following table lists the dates of my planned breaks this year (i.e. when I am not available).
- Monday 3rd May 2021 to Sunday 9th May 2021 (7 days).
- Monday 31st May 2021 (Dean will be unavailable on Spring bank holiday (31 May)).
- Thursday 10th June 2021 to Sunday 13th June 2021 (4 days).
- Monday 5th July 2021 to Sunday 25th July 2021 (21 days).
- Monday 30th August 2021 to Sunday 5th September 2021 (7 days).
- Monday 18th October 2021 to Sunday 24th October 2021 (7 days).
- Monday 13th December 2021 to Sunday 2nd January 2022 (21 days).
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Got a question about Dean Richardson's counselling services in Havant (Hampshire)? Want to make contact, maybe asking about a first appointment? Send Dean a message any time…