- 1 Polyamorous Relationship Counselling
- 1.1 About Polyamorous Relationship Counselling.
- 1.2 A Therapy Service for Polyamorous Couples.
- 1.3 A Non-Normative Approach to Polyamorous Couple Counselling.
- 1.4 My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
- 1.5 About Havant Counsellor.
- 1.6 Costs of Poly Couple Counselling.
- 1.7 Polyamorous Couple Counselling
- 1.8 Counselling Appointments.
- 1.9 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Polyamorous Relationship CounsellingPrivate Counsellor for Polyamorous Relationships ~ couples or groups ~ Havant. When a poly group needs Ally Support.
About Polyamorous Relationship Counselling.
For when couples in a Polyamorous Arrangement need Counselling Support too.
The type of polyamorous relationship doesn’t matter, except that we’re talking about difficulties between you and one of your partners; difficulties that may benefit from some professional intervention.
It doesn’t matter if this is your primary couple relationship, secondary, or another form of couple relationship. When you’ve searched for ally counsellors who support polyamory you have have looked at the counsellor’s website and through “Erm – does she or not?!”
Polyamorous Relationship Couple Counselling from Dean Richardson MNCS(Acc) MBACP(Accred) would be the service you’d consider when you and one of your partners need to work through conflicts.
A Therapy Service for Polyamorous Couples.
No need to wait for months. Dean is often able arrange to meet a poly couple within a week (sometimes two) of making first contact. As a private counsellor he often has sessions available to choose from right away.
With non-traditional relationships, there can be a concern of experiencing judgement. Not only is Dean a poly ally, he has worked with couples in polyamorous relationships before. Dean’s approach works with a majority of adult couple relationships.
Open ended work
It’s unlikely that your relationship is limited by time. Neither is polyamorous couple counselling. We’ll work to deliver just enough sessions for your relationship to make Dean, the counsellor, redundant. Then you work on remaining (and future) difficulties… together.
Any adult couple that is in any form of polyamorous relationship (whether this couple considers itself to be a primary, secondary, or other couple). You may be straight, gay, lesbian, MOM, married, intimate or platonic.
A Non-Normative Approach to Polyamorous Couple Counselling.
Dean Richardson is a fully qualified and experienced couple counsellor.
He works as a therapist for non-traditional couple relationships.
Dean does this by choosing to employ therapeutic approaches that do not make judgements about how the couple’s relationship is supposed to be (like, say, a religious form of counsellor can assume and prescribe).
- Dean does not prescribe what the normal couple should be doing to resolve a difficulty.
- Dean does not refer to “what other couples like you would do is…”
In this way, polyamorous relationship counselling focuses on the couple’s own relationship (not someone else’s belief about how a successful relationship ought to be).
Dean primarily employs two effective therapeutic approaches:-
- Systemic (Family/Milan Associates) – an approach that sees a couple relationship as a system (think: washing machine program). A system has processes (behaviours that make us love our partner), and triggers (things that kick off an argument). By discovering what kind of systems this couple relationship employes (intended, or accidental) the couple and Dean learn knowledge about the relationship. Knowledge brings about opportunities for change.
- Psychodynamic – an approach that recognises unconscious processes. Such processes may be related to past experiences (eg early childhood experienced being replayed in the couple), poor parental relationships, and other experiences looking for resolution. By working together the couple and Dean can discover how to resolve the conflicts and… finally… put them to rest.
These two extraordinarily powerful approaches do not require the couple to be in any form of traditional relationship, at all!
My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
I’ve included much more detail about my distinct and effective approach to couple counselling on my main couple counselling page. It’s worth a read if you’re interested in what couple work we could be doing together
About Havant Counsellor.
You could choose any Havant counsellor.
Yet, when you think that this may be the most personal, private and vulnerable you're going to be with a professional, you'd choose:
- someone you can trust,
- someone who demonstrated highly competent skills and ethics,
- who spoke plain English (not lots of psychobable),
- who's as happy to swear as much as you do,
- who makes you an equal part of the therapeutic partnership (e.g. doesn't just sit in silence, saying "Hmm" for 50 minutes)…
A simply private choice, really.
Costs of Poly Couple Counselling.
Polyamorous Couple CounsellingCounselling for an Adult Couple
- Suitable for individuals
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for groups
- Payable weekly
- Available in Havant
- Available online video
- 50 minute session
- 90 minute session (£100)
About Dean’s Private Counselling Fees.
Private couple counselling will cost you some money.
By default, counselling sessions are 50 minutes and occur, at a minimum, weekly (same day, same time, same location).
90 minute sessions are also available by prior arrangement (sometimes helpful for couples who travel a long distance to get to me).
You may also consider coming to session more than once a week.
The fee is per couple, per session and fees are payable on the day of our session.
You may pay for your session fees online (eg bank transfer, credit/debit card payment) or in person (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit/debit card).
In some circumstances, fees may be negotiable if your income were to make couple counselling a struggle to afford, but this is on a case-by-case basis and low-fees spaces may not be available. Please ask…
Sessions are (at a minimum) weekly and of 50 minutes.
If you're beginning counselling for the first time, you may choose your preferred session day(s) and time(s) from the following table:-
|Couples & Individuals (Havant, Hampshire)|
|Monday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss future availability)|
|Tuesday Appointments:||Not available|
|Wednesday Appointments:||Long Waiting List|
|Thursday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss future availability)|
|Friday Appointments:||Not available|
|Groups (Waterlooville, Hampshire)|
Click to go to WaterloovilleCounselling.co.uk…
|Couples & Individuals (Havant, Hampshire)|
|Mon:||Waiting List (contact me to discuss)|
|Wed:||Long Waiting List (contact me to discuss)|
|Thu:||Waiting List (contact me to discuss)|
|Groups (Waterlooville, Hampshire)|
|Tue:||1pm, 2pm, 6pm or 7pm|
Counselling sessions are (at a minimum) weekly and on the same day and time each week.
Optionally, you may wish to come more than once a week and you can even come for longer than 50 minutes (by prior arrangement).
Our counselling work together continues for as long (or as brief) as we both think it's helpful… and then we'll look at ending.
Fees are due on the day of the session (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit & debit cards).
Ending counselling: rather than one day saying "I'm ending counselling today" it is helpful to bring up the idea of ending counselling first. Sometimes the need to end may be a mask for something else (avoiding difficult feelings, can't say something, acting out loss etc) and it can be helpful to distinguish, together, what ending may mean in our work. We'll talk about endings with some thought and some planning.
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Got a question about Dean Richardson's counselling services in Havant (Hampshire)? Want to make contact, maybe asking about a first appointment? Send Dean a message any time…