- 1 Open Relationship Counselling
- 1.1 About Open Relationship Couple Counselling.
- 1.2 A Therapy Service for Open Relationships.
- 1.3 A Non-Normative Approach to Open Relationship Counselling.
- 1.4 My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
- 1.5 About Havant Counsellor.
- 1.6 Costs of Couple Counselling.
- 1.7 Open Relationship Counselling
- 1.8 Counselling Appointments.
- 1.9 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Open Relationship CounsellingPrivate Couple Counsellor ~ Havant. For when an Adult Couple open relationship is experiencing difficulties.
About Open Relationship Couple Counselling.
For when couples in Open Arrangements need Counselling Support too.
When looking at the counsellor’s website, you may have been left wondering if if they do… or not… o.O
Open Relationship Couple Counselling from Dean Richardson MNCS(Acc) MBACP(Accred) would be the service you’d consider when your open relationship is in difficulties.
An effective therapeutic service, for two adults, that shows couples-in-open-conflict how to develop their own, unique, approach to resolving relationship problems… with no further need of counselling in the future!
A Therapy Service for Open Relationships.
No need to wait. Very often Dean is able to meet with the both of you in around a week of making first contact. As a private counsellor he often has sessions available straight away.
A difficulty nontraditional relationships may have with some counsellors, is finding a counsellor who accepts the relationship without judgement. Dean’s approach works with pretty much any form of adult couple relationship!
Your relationship is not limited by a set amount of time, so neither is open relationship couple counselling. We’ll work to deliver just enough sessions for your relationship to make the counsellor redundant. Then you can go it alone… together.
Suitable for any adult open relationship couple (married, intimate, living together, straight, gay, lesbian, MOM). Whether open by arrangement, or open by accidental discovery, Dean will help you both to identify what’s getting in the way of you working out problems together.
A Non-Normative Approach to Open Relationship Counselling.
Dean Richardson MNCS(Acc) MBACP(Accred) is a fully qualified and experienced couple relationship counsellor.
He employs effective couple-therapy theoretical frameworks that have been around and developed since the 1970s.
Such an integrated approach works for non-traditional couple relationships (such as open relationships) because:
(a) the approach doesn’t attempt to prescribe what the couple should be doing and
(b) the approach doesn’t refer to “What a normal couple in this situation would do is…”
In this way, open relationship counselling focuses on the couple’s own relationship (not someone else’s belief about how a successful relationship ought to be).
Dean’s approach to open relationship couple counselling employes two main therapeutic approaches:-
- Systemic (Family/Milan Associates) – an approach that sees relationships as a system (think: computer, or washing machine). A system has processes (behaviours that make us love our partner), and triggers (things that kick off an argument). By discovering what a marital system the couple has (unknowingly) created together, the couple and Dean can begin making changes that affect and improve the whole marriage,
- Psychodynamic – an approach that recognises unconscious processes. Such processes might be past experiences being replayed in the marriage (eg early childhood abuse), or poor parental relationships. Transference is a phenomenon where we respond to a person as if they were someone from our past. This can leave the other person confused and not understanding what role he/she has found themselves in. Whilst these experiences can introduce poor experiences into the marriage, by working together the couple and Dean can discover how to resolve the conflicts and… finally… put them to rest.
These two extraordinarily powerful approaches require no traditional form of couple relationship at all!
My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
I’ve included much more detail about my distinct and effective approach to couple counselling on my main couple counselling page. It’s worth a read if you’re interested in what couple work we could be doing together
About Havant Counsellor.
You could choose any Havant counsellor.
Yet, when you think that this may be the most personal, private and vulnerable you're going to be with a professional, you'd choose:
- someone you can trust,
- someone who demonstrated highly competent skills and ethics,
- who spoke plain English (not lots of psychobable),
- who's as happy to swear as much as you do,
- who makes you an equal part of the therapeutic partnership (e.g. doesn't just sit in silence, saying "Hmm" for 50 minutes)…
A simply private choice, really.
Costs of Couple Counselling.
Open Relationship CounsellingCounselling for an Adult Couple
- Suitable for individuals
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for groups
- Payable weekly
- Available in Havant
- Available online video
- 50 minute session
- 90 minute session (£100)
About Dean’s Counselling Fees
Private counselling will cost you some money.
Couple counselling sessions are (by default) 50 minutes and occur, at a minimum, weekly (same day, same time, same location).
90 minute sessions are available as an option (sometimes helpful for couples who travel a long distance to get to me), as is the option of meeting with the counsellor more than once a week.
The fee is per couple, per session and fees are payable on the day of our session.
You may pay for your session fees online (eg bank transfer, credit/debit card payment) or in person (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit/debit card).
In some circumstances, my fees may be negotiable if your income were to make open relationship couple counselling a struggle to afford, but this is on a case-by-case basis and I may not have any low-fees spaces available. Please ask…
Sessions are (at a minimum) weekly and of 50 minutes.
If you're beginning counselling for the first time, you may choose your preferred session day(s) and time(s) from the following table:-
|Couples & Individuals (Havant, Hampshire)|
|Monday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss future availability)|
|Tuesday Appointments:||Not available|
|Wednesday Appointments:||Long Waiting List|
|Thursday Appointments:||Waiting list (contact me to discuss future availability)|
|Friday Appointments:||Not available|
|Groups (Waterlooville, Hampshire)|
Click to go to WaterloovilleCounselling.co.uk…
|Couples & Individuals (Havant, Hampshire)|
|Mon:||Waiting List (contact me to discuss)|
|Wed:||Long Waiting List (contact me to discuss)|
|Thu:||Waiting List (contact me to discuss)|
|Groups (Waterlooville, Hampshire)|
|Tue:||1pm, 2pm, 6pm or 7pm|
Counselling sessions are (at a minimum) weekly and on the same day and time each week.
Optionally, you may wish to come more than once a week and you can even come for longer than 50 minutes (by prior arrangement).
Our counselling work together continues for as long (or as brief) as we both think it's helpful… and then we'll look at ending.
Fees are due on the day of the session (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit & debit cards).
Ending counselling: rather than one day saying "I'm ending counselling today" it is helpful to bring up the idea of ending counselling first. Sometimes the need to end may be a mask for something else (avoiding difficult feelings, can't say something, acting out loss etc) and it can be helpful to distinguish, together, what ending may mean in our work. We'll talk about endings with some thought and some planning.
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Got a question about Dean Richardson's counselling services in Havant (Hampshire)? Want to make contact, maybe asking about a first appointment? Send Dean a message any time…