- 1 Havant Open Relationship Counselling.
- 1.1 About Open Relationship Couple Counselling.
- 1.2 A Therapy Service for Open Relationships.
- 1.3 A Non-Normative Approach to Open Relationship Counselling.
- 1.4 My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
- 1.5 About Havant Counsellor.
- 1.6 Couple Counselling Fees.
- 1.7 Couple Counselling
- 1.8 Appointments for Counselling.
- 1.9 Free Appointment Notifications!
- 1.10 Planned Breaks.
- 1.11 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Havant Open Relationship Counselling.
Private Counselling for when an Adult's Couple Open Relationship is experiencing difficulties.
About Open Relationship Couple Counselling.
For when couples in Open Arrangements need Counselling Support too.
When looking at the counsellor’s website, you may have been left wondering if if they do… or not…!
Open Relationship Couple Counselling from Dean Richardson MNCS(Accredited Registrant) would be the service you’d consider when your open relationship is in difficulties.
An effective therapeutic service, for two adults, that shows couples-in-open-conflict how to develop their own, unique, approach to resolving relationship problems… with no further need of counselling in the future!
A Therapy Service for Open Relationships.
No need to wait. Very often Dean is able to meet with the both of you in around a week of making first contact. As a private counsellor he often has sessions available straight away.
A difficulty nontraditional relationships may have with some counsellors, is finding a counsellor who accepts the relationship without judgement. Dean’s approach works with pretty much any form of adult couple relationship!
Your relationship is not limited by a set amount of time, so neither is open relationship couple counselling. We’ll work to deliver just enough sessions for your relationship to make the counsellor redundant. Then you can go it alone… together.
Suitable for any adult open relationship couple (married, intimate, living together, straight, gay, lesbian, MOM). Whether open by arrangement, or open by accidental discovery, Dean will help you both to identify what’s getting in the way of you working out problems together.
Private counselling near me serving locations in and around central Havant, Petersfield to Waterlooville, Cosham to Portsmouth & Southsea, Southampton to Chichester, Fareham to Gosport, Hayling Island, Emsworth, Westbourne, Rowland's Castle, local residents anywhere in between and regularly further afield!
Click for location details…
A Non-Normative Approach to Open Relationship Counselling.
Dean Richardson MNCS(Accredited Registrant) is a fully qualified and experienced couple relationship counsellor.
He employs effective couple-therapy theoretical frameworks that have been around and developed since the 1970s.
Such an integrated approach works for non-traditional couple relationships (such as open relationships) because:
(a) the approach doesn’t attempt to prescribe what the couple should be doing and
(b) the approach doesn’t refer to “What a normal couple in this situation would do is…”
In this way, open relationship counselling focuses on the couple’s own relationship (not someone else’s belief about how a successful relationship ought to be).
Dean’s approach to open relationship couple counselling employes two main therapeutic approaches:-
- Systemic (Family/Milan Associates) – an approach that sees relationships as a system (think: computer, or washing machine). A system has processes (behaviours that make us love our partner), and triggers (things that kick off an argument). By discovering what a marital system the couple has (unknowingly) created together, the couple and Dean can begin making changes that affect and improve the whole marriage,
- Psychodynamic – an approach that recognises unconscious processes. Such processes might be past experiences being replayed in the marriage (eg early childhood abuse), or poor parental relationships. Transference is a phenomenon where we respond to a person as if they were someone from our past. This can leave the other person confused and not understanding what role he/she has found themselves in. Whilst these experiences can introduce poor experiences into the marriage, by working together the couple and Dean can discover how to resolve the conflicts and… finally… put them to rest.
These two extraordinarily powerful approaches require no traditional form of couple relationship at all!
My Distinct Approach to Couple Counselling.
I’ve included much more detail about my distinct and effective approach to couple counselling on my main couple counselling page. It’s worth a read if you’re interested in what couple work we could be doing together
About Havant Counsellor.
You could choose any counsellor in and around Havant .
Yet, when you think that this may be the most personal, private and vulnerable you're going to be with a professional, you'd choose:
- someone you can trust,
- someone who demonstrated highly competent skills and ethics,
- who spoke plain English (not lots of psychobable),
- who's as happy to swear as much as you do,
- who makes you an equal part of the therapeutic partnership (e.g. doesn't just sit in silence, saying "Hmm" for 50 minutes)…
A simply private choice, really.
Couple Counselling Fees.
Couple CounsellingCounselling for an Adult Relationship
- Suitable for individuals
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for groups
- Payable weekly
- Available in Havant
- Available online video
- 50 minute session
- 90 minute session (£100)
How Counselling Fees Work.
Unlike NHS services (where you have already paid through NI taxation), private counselling will cost you some money.
Couple Counselling sessions are weekly, and last for a standard 50 minutes (with the option to book 90 minute sessions if you both prefer). Although sessions are once a week (except for holidays), you may also attend more than once a week if all three of us think that this would be helpful.
Our sessions will continue one or more of us thinks that we've done enough; then we'll have a conversation about bringing our counselling work to a close.
Fees are payable on the day of our session.
You may pay your counselling fees online (e.g. by a bank transfer, credit/debit card payment or PayPal) or pay in person (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit/debit card).
Restricted Income: If I have spaces available, a lower fee is negotiable should your income make private counselling a struggle to afford. This is not charity (you still must contribute a fee) and it will involve discussing your income and expenditure with the aim to discover a rate that you can afford responsibly. I do not always have any lower-fee spaces available, so please ask when you first get in contact.
Appointments for Counselling.
I offer counselling sessions on Mondays and Thursdays (~5pm until 9pm) and Wednesdays (~noon to 4pm). After we have agreed a day & time for your weekly counselling appointment this day & time will stay with you until the end of our work.
When beginning counselling for the first time you can choose your preferred session day(s) and time(s) from the following table:-
Choose your Weekly Day & Time.
NOTICE: Due to the sitation regarding the Coronavirus, I have suspended all face-to-face counselling sessions for the foreseeable future.
I am currently preparing to reintroduce my Skype Video-based Counselling Service (which I originally designed in the 2000s / basically I'm dotting the i's, crossing the t's now). Details of this will be available shortly.
Option 1: Skype/Video Counselling.
If you would like to begin counselling via Skype Video (within the next couple of weeks), please get in contact noting my current availability (below). I'll be in touch when I have appropriate procedures and advice in place.
Option 2: Face-to-Face Counselling.
If you would like to begin counselling face-to-face when the Government advises us that it has become safe for us to do so (current estimate: May 2020), please get in contact noting my current availability (below). I'll be in touch when I begin to resume my office practice.
- Mondays: 7pm or 8pm.
- Wednesdays: afternoons possibly, but not yet confirmed.
- Thursdays: 5pm or 6pm.
- Tuesdays, Fridays & Weekends: not available.
|Preferred Appointment not available? Register now for free notifications…|
|Times in red are the most popular, and usually the first to go.|
Counselling sessions are (at a minimum) weekly, last for 50 minutes, and on the same day and time each week. You may wish to come more than once a week. You may also choose a 90 minute session (by prior arrangement). Unfortunately I'm unable to support shift-workers.
Our counselling work together continues for as long (or as brief) as we both think it's helpful… and then we'll look at bringing our work to a close.
Fees are due on the day of the session (cash, cheque [made out to Dean Richardson], credit & debit cards).
Ending counselling: it can be helpful to bring up the idea of ending counselling first. Sometimes the need to end may be a mask for something else (avoiding difficult feelings, can't say something, acting out etc) and it can be helpful to distinguish, together, what ending may mean in our work. We'll talk about endings with some thought and some planning on how you might like to say goodbye.
The following table lists the dates of my planned breaks this year (i.e. when I am not available).
- Monday 6th April 2020 to Monday 13th April 2020 (8 days).
- Friday 8th May 2020 (Early May Bank Holiday (VE Day)).
- Monday 18th May 2020 to Sunday 24th May 2020 (7 days).
- Monday 25th May 2020 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 6th July 2020 to Sunday 26th July 2020 (21 days).
- Monday 31st August 2020 to Sunday 6th September 2020 (7 days).
- Monday 19th October 2020 to Sunday 25th October 2020 (7 days).
- Monday 14th December 2020 to Sunday 3rd January 2021 (21 days).
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Got a question about Dean Richardson's counselling services in Havant (Hampshire)? Want to make contact, maybe asking about a first appointment? Send Dean a message any time…