- 1 Student Counsellors.Counselling whilst In-Training.
- 1.1 Suitability for Student Counsellors.
- 1.2 Counselling Fees for Students.
- 1.3 About Havant Counsellor.
- 1.4 Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Student Counsellors.Counselling whilst In-Training.
Havant Counselling supports counsellors-in-training (students) during their qualification requirements for personal therapy: Hampshire, West Sussex, Dorset, Wiltshire, Surrey or Berkshire.
Suitability for Student Counsellors.
Whether your diploma or degree in counselling is based in Hampshire, West Sussex, Dorset, Wiltshire, Surrey or Berkshire, a majority of counselling training courses (a) require their students to be in personal therapy until qualification and (b) allow their students to choose their own (appropriately skilled) counsellor.
Dean Richardson of Havant Counselling works with counselling students until their personal therapy requirements have been met.
To help you judge if Dean Richardson is an appropriate counsellor for your course requirements, here’s an overview of his experience and qualifications that will assist you in deciding if he could be your counsellor for your qualification requirements.
Counselling Practice Experience.
- Currently in 21st year of practice (1999 – ongoing).
- Individual counselling: 20 years+.
- Couple counselling: 10 years+.
- Group therapy/facilitation: 17 years+.
Counselling Models / Theoretical Framework.
Primary Models/Framework include:
- Psychodynamic / Psychotherapeutic Counselling (individuals) – Chichester Counselling Services – Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling.
- Integrated Systemic / Psychodynamic Counselling (couples) – Chichester Counselling Services – Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic/Systemic Couple Counselling.
- Integrated Psychodynamic / Foulksian (groups) – Institute of Group Analysis (Brighton) – National Foundation in Group Analysis.
- Cognitive Behavioural Approach – HemFiPsych – “CBT With Heart”.
- Working with Sexual Offenders – StopSo.org (Southampton) – Ethical / Legal issues of Confidentiality, Assessing Risk, Treatment Interventions.
Professional Membership Organisations.
- National Counselling Society (2015 – ongoing) *Note 1.
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Union of Great Britain (2018 – ongoing).
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy – BACP (2003 – 2018 (16 years) – resigned in August 2018 – no longer a member – *Note 1).
- National Counselling Society – MNCS(Accredited Registrant) – (2015 – ongoing).
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy – BACP – MBACP(Accredited) (2009 – 2018 (10 years) – resigned in August 2018 – accreditation by BACP no longer applies).
- Registered through National Counselling Society (number: NCS15-02454 – https://www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org/find-counsellor/results/ncs15-02454/).
- Indemnity insurance and public liability insurance to £10 million.
Supervision / Clinical Consultation.
- Minimum 90 minutes supervision per month.
- Additional supervisory consultation taken on-demand as cases require.
- If your training organisation insists upon your counsellor being a member of one specific organisation or another, this may not be a legitimate position for them to hold. My professional membership body (the National Counselling Society) is well equipped and experienced in educating organisations about how they may not be able to insist upon membership of one organisation over another, when most professional membership bodies are under the umbrella of the Professional Standards Authority.Get in contact if you need assistance with this matter.
Counselling Fees for Students.
Whilst I don’t offer a specific rate for counsellors-in-training, I do make the same offer to students as I do with anyone with a restricted income: I am available to discuss with you a weekly fee that you can afford responsibly.
For further details about my fees and arrangements, see my Counselling Fees page.
About Havant Counsellor.
You could choose any counsellor in and around Havant .
Yet, when you think that this may be the most personal, private and vulnerable you're going to be with a professional, you'd choose:
- someone you can trust,
- someone who demonstrated highly competent skills and ethics,
- who spoke plain English (not lots of psychobable),
- who's as happy to swear as much as you do,
- who makes you an equal part of the therapeutic partnership (e.g. doesn't just sit in silence, saying "Hmm" for 50 minutes)…
A simply private choice, really.
Got a Question? Don't Hold Back…
Got a question about Dean Richardson's counselling services in Havant (Hampshire)? Want to make contact, maybe asking about a first appointment? Send Dean a message any time…